Born and raised in Ministikwan Lake, Saskatchewan. Currently residing
in Okotoks, Alberta, Canada.
Music Style: Blend of traditional native and contemporary.
Workshops: She has instructed workshops on vocal projection and voice
care in Winnipeg, Manitoba, at the Prairie Music Awards, the Okotoks Composite
High School and the Holy Trinity Academy.
Achievements & Points of Interest:
· The video of " Round Round Round" was screened at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics.
· Recorded one album, "Out of the Blue," which received
national and international airplay.
· Won a Calgary based song-writing contest for the radio station,
· "Alberta Music Project" three songs were recorded.
· Took part in SOCAN advanced songwriter workshop in Edmonton and
· Performance experience in clubs, jamborees, soft seat concerts,
festivals and numerous charities.
· Performed and organized the 1st, 2nd and 3rd annual Okotoks charity
Christmas Concert (2003-2004), which played to a sold out crowd of one
· Musician for Diamond Valley Christmas Concert (1993-2004).
· Composed the music and performed for the Premier's Prayer Breakfast
in 1994. Also performed at three additional Mayor's Breakfasts.
· Past faculty member of Rocky Mountain College.
· The song, "The Beat Goes On," ranked #4 on the Hit
List of NCI FM radio in Manitoba in 2005
Experience & Education:
· Performance percussionist, singer and songwriter, Donna Kay Music.
Okotoks, AB. 25 years.
· Part time vocal teacher for 30 students, Up-Tempo School of Music.
Okotoks, AB. 1997-2004.
· Part time vocal coaching for professional voice users, Private
instruction. Okotoks, AB.1997-2004.
· Business partner, Johnson's Resort & Johnson's Outfitters,
Ministikwan Lake, SK. 30 years.
· University of Hartford, Hartford, Connecticut. Classical Singers
Convention. May 2004.
· Philadelphia Convention Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. International
Voice Care Symposium. June 2004.
· University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona. NATS Workshop on Pedagogy.
· Banff Arts Center, Banff, Alberta. International Voice Care Symposium.
· Voice Study, Calgary, Alberta. Studied voice under the direction
of singing voice specialist, Katherine Ardo. 1993-2004.
· Banff Art Centre, Banff, Alberta. International Voice Care Symposium.